Skip to content
- Understand that the Quran is the
word of ALLAH.
- Understand the origin of the word.
- The reader avoid all other thoughts.
- Understand the meaning.
- Should be humble.
- Feel that the message in the Quran is meant personally for himself or herself.
- Read only for the sake of Allah.
- Be vigilant of the purity of body, clothes, and place.
- One should stop at a verse of warning and seek protection with Allah.
- One should stop at a verse of mercy and ask Allah for mercy.
- One should have wuḍū
Beautification in Tilawat (تلاوت)
- Read Quran slowly, stopping where required and not in a hurry
- Read Quran where each letter is read properly and clearly
- Read in the accent of how Arabs read
- Read by pronouncing letters from the correct makhraj
Things to avoid in Tilawat
- Reading as if you singing a song
- Stopping in between words
- Not pronouncing harakaat fully
- Attaching ء hamzah in every letter
- Prolonging the harakat and mad more than the limits